Where can I obtain more information or file for an abatement?

Property owners or condominium associations (on behalf of condominium owners) seeking additional information or would like to file for abatement should contact the Department of Public Works, Engineering Division at Phone Number: 781-942-9082. The Abatement Application Form may be obtained through the Town of Reading website or may be picked up at the Engineering Office at;

16 Lowell Street
Reading Town Hall
Reading, MA 01867

Show All Answers

1. What is storm water?
2. Why did Town Meeting and the Board of Selectmen vote to establish a Storm Water Enterprise Fund (SWEF)?
3. Why is storm water management necessary?
4. How is the Storm Water Enterprise Fund (SWEF) fee calculated?
5. How is total impervious surface area determined?
6. For what purposes will (SWEF) fee revenue be used?
7. Will residents be assessed a (SWEF) fee if their property is located on a private way or on a town accepted street that does not have catch basins or storm drains?
8. Are there certain types of properties that are exempt from the storm water fee?
9. Has the Town made any provisions for storm water abatements?
10. What are some typical storm water devices that qualify for abatements?
11. What are some typical devices that do not qualify for abatements?
12. Where can I obtain more information or file for an abatement?
13. Is the storm water abatement permanent?