National Grid is starting gas main work in Reading beginning June 27 and ending approximately August 19, 2022. Abutters have been sent notification from National Grid directly. Posted below is that letter. Linked below are important FAQs, a copy of the letter, and a natural gas safety brochure.
National Grid FAQs
Letter to Residents About Gas Main Work
National Grid Safety Brochure
Dear Resident/Business Owner,
Energy plays a critical role in our day-to-day lives and ensures the well-being of our community. That’s why we are investing in infrastructure upgrades that will help us to provide safe and reliable natural gas to our customers for years to come.
We will be working in your neighborhood.
National Grid and Midway Utility Contractors LLC will be performing infrastructure upgrades in the area of
- 483 to 492 Summer AVE.; 8 and 12 Walnut ST.; 190 Main ST., Reading, MA.
- Date: On or about June 27, 2022
- Completion time: Approximately August 19, 2022
- Construction days and hours: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
What you can expect during construction.
Typical natural gas main replacement and service construction includes:
- Marking out underground utilities within the project scope area (e.g., water, sewer, gas, electric, etc)
- Excavation of the street and laying of new gas main.
- Temporary or permanent restoration of disturbed areas in accordance with the town ordinance.
- Visit ngrid.com/mainline to view a video about the gas main replacement process on YouTube.
- Social Distancing remains in effect. Special project not requiring Service interruptions and relights.
We’re here for you if you have any questions about the project. Please call us at 1-781-907-2923. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Director, Resource Planning – US Gas
Smell Gas. Act Fast.
Leave immediately taking everyone with you, including pets. From a safe location call 1-800-233-5325 or 911.