- Where can I allow my dog to run without a leash?
- What can be done about dog owners who don't follow the rules about leashes and sanitation?
- Whom do I call to reserve a field for sports and games?
- Do I need a permit to have a picnic?
- Can I use grills for cooking in parks?
The Town of Reading’s ordinance on leash control applies at all parks.
If you want to take your pet off leash, there is a dog park in Wakefield on Main St or Sheepsfold in Medford..
Citizens should contact the Animal Control Officer at (781) 944-1212
You may call the Recreation Division at (781) 942-9075.
It depends upon the size and complexity of your event. For a small family outing that does not involve on-site cooking, no permit is required. If you have something else in mind, contact the Department of Public Works at (781) 942-9077, give us the details, and we'll advise you on what may be required.
Town regulations do not allow such open fires in parks, unless you are issued a permit for a special event. You will need to complete a permit application, and may need to attend a hearing of the Special Events Committee. Contact the Department of Public Works at (781) 942-9077.