The priority of the Veterans Services Office is to aid and assist all veterans, their widows or spouses, and/or their dependent children, in the Town of Reading through the Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services, with short or long term medical assistance, financial aid, assistance with state applications for veterans' benefits, and administration of veteran's benefits provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Our mission is to support the veterans residing in Reading by identifying veterans and their families in need of service and providing information and access to the services for which they are eligible under the law.
View Veteran Services images in our Photo Gallery.
Goals & Objectives
- To execute timely and accurate benefit delivery for all veterans seeking help from the Federal, State and Local branches of government.
- To provide dignity, compassion, respect and privacy to all veterans seeking assistance.
- To empower veterans through technology, information sharing, and networking where they can assist themselves and their fellow veterans by connecting services to needs
- To continue the fight against homelessness and joblessness within the veteran community.
- To be honest and forthright with our veterans, researching the correct answer and providing results as quickly as accuracy allows.
Please see information on this website for further details, or contact William (Will) Valliere, Reading Veterans Service Officer by calling 781-942-6652.